Hair Care Tips
Here are just a few tips on daily care to keep your hair weave looking healthy, manageable and re-usable.
- Co-wash your hair in luke warm water (recommend TreSemme Smooth & Silky Conditioner)
- Use a wide tooth comb starting from the ends upwards towards the hair weft. Always comb in the downward position can cause tugging on the weft.
- Let hair air dry.
- If dyeing or bleaching hair, shampoo the hair with a nonalcoholic product.
- Then follow with a rich conditioner(sulfate and paraben free).
- Wash hair thoroughly and let air dry.
- Keep chemical processing and flat irons, curling, and other excessive use of heating appliances to a minimum to maintain the life of the hair. But also to keep the strands strong. Be sure to apply a thermal heat protectant spray before you apply heat to your bundles.
Recommended Daily Care
- Treat your bundles as if it was your real hair!
- Before going to bed, put your bundles in a large braid(s) or ponytail(s) and place inside a satin scarf or bonnet.
- Co-wash your hair at least once bi-weekly. It's ok to wash your bundles weekly with a mild conditioner (sulfate and paraben free).
- Make sure that you wash your bundles thoroughly to prevent product build up on your scalp.
- Keep your scalp moisturized.
- Using a deep conditioner will help lock in moisture in your bundles.
- To keep bundles moisturized when dry, apply a dime size amount of light oil. (Can apply to your scalp also when combing out.)
- Be sure not to use a heavy oil for your bundles. It will cause the hair to weigh down and lack bounce and volume.
- Using a wide tooth comb or a weave brush helps to prevent breakage with the bundles. It also helps minimize tugging and pulling to the hair. (combing in sections help with tugging and pulling).